RILEM is composed of corporate members and individual members, including scientists and engineers, research and testing laboratories and companies.
- TITULAR MEMBERS are research and testing organisations of national renown; universities, international or national standards organisations.
- INDUSTRIAL MEMBERS are large firms or associations in the materials or construction sectors.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are smaller research, academic or building organisations or companies.
- A SENIOR MEMBER is an experienced scientist or engineer, having reached a position of responsibility and recognised expertise in a public or private organisation or company concerned with testing or research in the field of building materials and structures.
- An AFFILIATE MEMBER is a young research scientist or engineer who is at the early stage of his career (under the age of 35).
- A STUDENT MEMBER is an under-graduated student under the age of 30 (including PhD students), who is still in the course of studying and actually following courses.
The International Network of RILEM
RILEM extends its networking beyond the members, through the participation of experts in RILEM organised symposia and events, or through the articles published in Materials and Structures.