Become a TC member
Assignments of a RILEM TC Member - Registration Form in a RILEM TC (application for TC membership)
RILEM is an international network of experts in the field of construction with a variety of objectives serving not only our technical community but also extending benefits to each individual member. Since both objectives can be met through active co-operation in RILEM committees it is a general policy of our organisation that members of Technical Committees should be RILEM members as well (either as Individual Member, or as a staff member of a Titular or Industrial Member).
It is obvious that the operation and management of such an international organisation also requires financial means and in this respect, the organisation depends on the membership fees.
I would like to invite you to confirm your registration as a RILEM Senior Member(1). In this quality, you are entitled to all benefits of our organisation, however, also contributing to the budget for the operation and management of our organisation. I hope you will confirm today your registration, thus expressing your solidarity to RILEM Technical Activities.
I would like very much you could start as a member of one of our RILEM Technical Committees.
Dr. Carmen Andrade, President of RILEM (2000-2003)
(1) Young Students under the age of 29 years can be invited to participate in a RILEM TC as RILEM Student Member. A young research scientist and engineer who has not yet attained a position of responsibility or a recognised expertise can also apply as a RILEM Affiliate Member, with agreement from the RILEM TC Chairman.
Appointment of a RILEM TC Member
A TC member is an expert co-opted by the TC Chairman. RILEM National Delegates, Titular and Industrial Members are entitled to propose names of experts to RILEM Secretary General. These proposals are transmitted to the TC Chairman.
In order to increase the scientific input from young researchers, a PhD Student may also be invited by a RILEM TC Chairman to be a TC member.
A TC member is appointed by name, by the TC Chairman in his quality of expert. No delegation or temporary replacement is possible, in order to ensure the best efficiency of the TC work.
Advantages of a RILEM TC Member
Each RILEM TC member receives:
- a personal free access (with user name and password) to the private directories of the RILEM TC hosted at www.rilem.net, where working documents, agendas and minutes of the TC (uploaded directly by the TC Chairman or his Secretary) can be downloaded;
- a personal access to each document produced by the RILEM Technical Committee;
- A free access to online reports and proceedings of conferences published at www.rilem.net
- The RILEM News;
- The RILEM Annual Report and the Directory of Members;
Category of a RILEM TC Member
- Each RILEM TC member has to actively contribute to the production and discussion of the working documents. The former categories of regular or corresponding members are not used anymore.
Assignments of a RILEM TC Member
According to the Statutes and By-laws of RILEM, each RILEM TC member:
- should cooperate actively with the Chairman and colleagues (also for members not attending the meetings on a regular basis, but having to contribute to the work at least by correspondence)
- should support RILEM strategy and organisation.
- should be either a Senior Member, or a staff member employed by a RILEM Titular or Industrial Member. Senior Members are registered with a full membership fee including our journal Materials and Structures. In special circumstances, if a Senior Member has financial difficulties for paying a full membership fee, a discount can be applied upon request from the RILEM TC Chairman.
The membership fee is not an “ entrance fee ” for being allowed to contribute to the TC work. It is in fact a practical mean for the TC Member of expressing his solidarity and support in the activity of RILEM, the only income for the Association being the fees paid by its members.