Proceedings pro055 : International RILEM Symposium on Photocatalysis, Environment and Construction Materials - TDP 2007
|Title: International RILEM Symposium on Photocatalysis, Environment and Construction Materials - TDP 2007
Edited by P. Baglioni and L. Casssar
Publication date: 2007
2007 is the closure event of RILEM Technical Committee 194-TDP: ‘Application of Titanium Dioxide Photocatalysis to Construction Materials’, and also presented the state-of-the-art on this subject.
There will be four lectures on the State of the Art of Photocatalytic glass and windows, Photocatalytic paints, Photocatalytic ceramics and Photocatalytic cementitious materials.
Besides fundamentals on the photocatalytic process and materials, the application of photocatalytic materials and new advanced developments were presented. Researches from European and Japanese projects were reported.
The symposium deals with a variety of related subjects:
1. Fundamentals of practically applicable TiO2 photocatalysis in construction materials fields;
2. Economic and environmental benefits of construction materials utilizing TiO2 photocatalysis;
3. Development of self-cleaning construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
4. Development of air-cleaning construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
5. Development of antibacterial construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
6. Test methods and the development of standards for characterization of the efficiency of photocatalytic properties;
7. Fullscale trials and case studies;
8. Future development of useful construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
9. Advances in visible photocatalysis.
Target readers: graduate students, material scientists, researchers, engineers, material suppliers, contractors and scientists from research organizations, universities and industries
Author(s): Piero Baglioni and Luigi Cassar
Pages: XVII - XVII
Session One: Fundamentals
Session Two: Glass / Testing / Models
Session Three: Cement / Concrete
Session Four: Coatings
Session Five: Ceramics / Stone