CSC2I is an interdisciplinary course on Corrosion Science & Corrosion Control for Infrastructure. The course targets material classes as metals & alloys, concrete, coatings & composites. Corrosion-induced degradation and corrosion protection for main infrastructure will be discussed, including steel structures and light alloys, with an emphasis on reinforced concrete structures.
- fundamental (electro)chemical principles in corrosion science & technology and corrosion control;
- synergy of corrosion science (electrochemistry) and concrete material science for proper assessment of corrosion state & justified corrosion protection for infrastructure;
- “hands-on” practical sessions (lab & field techniques) on qualification and quantification of steel corrosion and corrosion protection
- interactive sessions of Q&A modules, case studies;
- novel research and applications (e.g. self-healing, nano-technology for corrosion control);
- workshop - demonstration of equipment;
- invited lectures.
For whom: the course is intended for people working in the field of corrosion engineering, civil engineering and material science, where fundamental and practical knowledge of corrosion science, technology and corrosion control will bring understanding of challenges towards solving issues and finding solutions. After an intensive one-week course program of alternating theoretical lectures, interactive Q&A modules, workshops and practical hands-on sessions, the participants will:
- gain knowledge and understanding of corrosion and corrosion control, linked to major durability challenges for the corrosion and civil engineering practice;
- have the chance to acquire a glance of the variety of methods and techniques for corrosion assessment and control;
- familiarise themselves with the necessary expertise and knowledge, required for a proper choice of main (construction) materials and their utilization with respect to infrastructure durability and service life.
Tuesday 21st August 2018
Friday 24th August 2018
You have to be logged on to leave a comment