The time during which the concrete stays in the fresh state is insignificant in relation to its lifetime in the hardened state. However, its rheological behaviour influences mixing, transport, placement, consolidation and finishing, which has repercussions on the quality of the built structure.
In recent years, the study of the rheological properties of concretes made significant advances with the emergence of many fluid concretes and construction of more complex structural elements. A number of tools to characterize the rheology of concrete have been developed and implemented over the last 2-3 decades.
This workshop aims to compile submissions dealing with measuring the rheological properties of cement-based materials and new instruments allowing to quantify the concrete behaviour during casting.
This workshop will focus on several challenges in industry as well as academia and will provide innovative technological solutions.
Several sessions are planned in this workshop, animated by oral presentations, a poster session and plenary lectures.
The workshop will be held at the University of Artois located in the town center of Arras. The registration fees include: Electronic media with conference proceedings, attendance at all scientific sessions, coffee breaks, lunches, Gala dinner event.
The workshop will be preceded by a Round Robin Test, on May 29 and 30, 2018, on comparing concrete rheometers: International tests at the University of Artois (IUTB) in Bethune, France. These tests complement previous experimental campaigns at the LCPC, (Nantes, 2001) and at NIST (Cleveland, 2003).
- Challenges and recommendations on measuring rheological properties of cement-based materials
- New tools and procedures to measure rheological properties
- Application of rheological properties in practical situations
- Measurement and application of non-conventional rheological properties (interface rheology, friction, etc.)
- January 15, 2018: Registration opens
- February 15, 2018: Submission of full paper
- March 15, 2018: Notification of paper acceptance
- April 30, 2018: Registration deadline
- May 30, 2018: Welcome, gala Dinner
- May 31, 2018: Workshop
Wednesday 30th May 2018
Thursday 31st May 2018
You have to be logged on to leave a comment