This unique and popular course has been run 6 times previously and consists of lectures covering chemistry, and physics of the following subjects:
- Cement Manufacture
- Phase Equilibrium & Reactions in Cement Kilns
- Supplementary Cementing Materials
- Crystal Chemistry of Silicates
- Hydration of Cements
- Chemical Admixture Effects on Hydration
- Microstructure of Cement and Hydrates
- Sulphate Reactions and Attack
- Alkali-Aggregate Reactions
- Chloride and Corrosion Reactions
- Chemistry Related to Freezing, Scaling
Credit for graduate students will be issued based on active participation in the entire course as well as completion of a take-home examination to be provided after course completion.
Industry professionals will be provided a letter of attendance, if requested.
This course series is sponsored by RILEM and all registered graduate students will receive a 3-year free membership in RILEM.
Monday 14th May 2018
Friday 18th May 2018
You have to be logged on to leave a comment