Due to the special circumstances imposed by COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. Please look through the calendar to see which events are affected.
PLEASE SEND REGISTRATION FORM TO E-Mail: email@example.com
The course contains detailed lecturing on computational methods for differential equations, numerical solution strategies, explicit and implicit discretization, method of lines, boundary conditions and implementation of physical processes that frequently occur in construction materials. Emphasis will be on the finite difference and finite element methods applied to transport processes, active in porous construction materials such as concrete, insulation materials, etc. Typical problems that will be addressed in this course are thermal, moisture and/or reactive transport modelling, chloride ingress modelling, coupled moisture - heat systems, and cement hydration kinetics and particle structure generation. The course provides a full solution strategy, starting from a physical problem, to schematization and discretization, to boundary conditions evaluation, implementation and computational solution.
- Steady state problems – discretization and implementation in Excel
- Transient problems – explicit & implicit heat and moisture flow – implementation in Octave/FEM
- Coupled systems – heat and moisture flow, discretization and implementation in Octave/FEM
- Particle structure formation and hydration kinetics of cementitious systems
- Demonstrations and exercises with realistic examples
Monday 4 April 2022
Friday 8 April 2022
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in