Sealant property requirements for long-term water immersion
Title: Sealant property requirements for long-term water immersion
Author(s): C. B. Sorensson
Paper category : conference
Book title: International RILEM Symposium on Building Joint Sealants
Editor(s): A.T. Wolf
Publisher: RILEM Publications SARL
Publication year: 1998
Pages: 113 - 115
Total Pages: 3
Nb references: 6
Abstract: Aside from possessing a high degree of elasticity, sealant systems for water-retaining structures must have the following properties:
- Free from toxic properties if it comes in contact with potable water.
- Resistant to harmful stresses caused by the drying out of claylike silt in fluctuating levels of storage structures.
- Resistant to the effects of:
1) Severe weathering when not immersed.
2) Sudden temperature changes.
3) Constant water immersion.
Online publication: 2003-05-25
Publication type : full_text
Public price (Euros): 0.00
>> You must be connected to view the paper. You can register for free if you are not a member