Due to the special circumstances imposed by COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. Please look through the calendar to see which events are affected.
Eight main topics embracing all different aspects related to the theme of circularity in the built environment and sustainable construction materials will be dealt with.
The EU28 generates around 350 Mt of C&DW, excluding excavation earths. The average recycling rate is of 50% for the stony fraction (concrete, stone and ceramics which are at present down-cycled) and of less than 30% for wood; 25% for plastics; 10% for gypsum and 6% for glass. Therefore there is a significant loss of potential valuable minerals and other materials all over Europe. The worldwide figures and trends provide an even worse scenario. That is why many initiatives are ongoing internationally to develop methodologies and technologies to turn this waste streams into resources for the benefit of the economy and the society at large.
CiBEn intends to provide researchers and industry experts with the opportunity to exchange their ideas and showcases in advanced/innovative technologies and methodologies to process and valorize C&DW in the context of circular economy. Topics of the Circularity in the Built Environment (CiBEn) Conference Include:
CDW Recycling Technologies:
- Concrete, Asphalt, Wool, Gypsum, Glass and Wood Recycling;
- Innovations for the Recycling and Recovery of High-Quality Building Materials from C&DW;
- Smart Dismantling and Demolition Methods & Tools;
- Engineering Design for Circular Economy in the Built Environment;
- Sustainable Construction Automation.
Sustainable Construction Materials:
- Recycled Concrete;
- Circular Concrete;
- Recycled Cementitious Materials;
- Recycled Aggregates;
- C&DW for Alkali Activated Materials (Geopolymer);
- Alternative Raw Materials;
- Bio-Based Materials;
- Innovative Use of Recycled Building Materials;
- Performance and Durability of Recycled Building Materials and Recycled Products.
Digitalization & Circularity:
- Digital Construction;
- Concrete 3D Printing (C3DP);
- Material Passports;
- Smart Construction Materials;
- Value Creation by Digitalisation;
- Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Sustainable Structural Design;
- Enabling Circular Product Design and Facilitating the Reuse of Building Materials;
- Transformable and Reversible Building Design.
- Resource Efficiency;
- C&DW Management;
- Life Cycle Assessment;
- Life Cycle Costing;
- Life Cycle Management;
- Risks & Health Safety in C&DW Management;
- Development of Circular Economy Business Models;
- Impacts of the transition to the Circular Economy in the Built Environment.
Social Circular Economy:
- Measuring the Social Aspects of the Circular Economy in the Built Environment;
- Social Impact of Circular Economy in the Built Environment;
- Circular Behaviour in the Built and Environment;
- Bridging the Circular Economy and Social Enterprise.
Standards, Policy Legislation:
- Quality Control of Recycled Building Materials from C&DW;
- Reverse Logistics & Circular Value Chain in Buildings;
- Circular Policy-making and Procurements.
(UPDATED) EXTENDED ABSTRACT DEADLINE: 20-6-2021
TU Delft’s Aula Conference Centre
Delft, The Netherlands
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in