Due to the special circumstances imposed by COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. Please look through the calendar to see which events are affected.
The course enriches the participants with up-to-date knowledge on advanced materials and technologies related to inorganic binders. Self-healing of materials, role of nanomaterials, modern uses of composites, sustainability and safety requirements for the use of inorganic materials in construction, and other topics are addressed. The students will share their recent research results and participate in the laboratory works.
The following topics will be presented during the course:
- Inorganic binders: historical development, manufacture, composition and properties
- Supplementary cementitious materials
- Self-healing of lime mortars
- Autogenous self–healing of historical binders
- The state of water in inorganic binders - Powers’ model
- Self-healing of cementitious materials
- Nanofillers in cement based composites
- Gypsum and its uses in construction
- Control of water in inorganic binders and superabsorbent polymers
- Development, application and valorization of bacteria-based self-healing concrete
- Engineering Cementitious Composites
The course will take place in two city locations: Skopje, 2-5 Sept. 2018 & Ohrid 6-7 Sept. 2018
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in