Due to the special circumstances imposed by COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. Please look through the calendar to see which events are affected.
The world is undergoing major technological changes and this era is already considered the fourth industrial revolution. These new technologies have profound implications in the way we live, work and interact with each other. This conference will focus on the way Smart Technologies affect the development of Civil Engineering and in all its different areas.
Smart Technologies assume an increasingly predominant role in all Civil Engineering activities, in the planning and design phases, construction, as well as maintenance and management of the built environment. They also enable a greater interaction among the stakeholders, who in turn improve the communication with society. The permanent evolution of testing and experimentation in Civil Engineering will decisively contribute to the integration of these new technologies.
The conference programme includes keynote conferences, a plenary session, technical sessions and a technical exhibition, which aims to provide a broad forum for the dissemination and sharing of knowledge and experiences among the participants from research and education, industry and services in all areas of civil engineering, such as:
- Structures and construction
- Geotechnics and natural resources
- Hydraulics, water resources and environment
- Transportation and Communication Networks.
Emphasizing the most recent works in the field of Smart Technologies:
- Instrumentation, data acquisition and transmission systems
- Big data and advanced data processing systems
- Artificial intelligence applications
- Virtual reality and augmented reality
- 3D modeling and printing
- Digital twins
- Automation, sensing and detection technologies
- New sensors and technologies (photogrammetry, laser scanning, drones, wireless)
- Remote inspection strategies
- Inspection, monitoring and automatic damage identification
- Destructive and non-destructive testing;
- Modeling (calibration, simulation) and validation of models
- Biomaterials, nanomaterials and new materials
- Disaster risk reduction and emergency management.
- Submission of extended abstracts after review: until January 31, 2022
- Submission of papers (optional) in English: until March 31, 2022
- Decision on papers acceptance: until May 2, 2022
- Submission of the final version of the papers: until May 31, 2022
- New Conference dates: June 21-23, 2022
The registration fee is €300 until March 31, 2022 and €370 after that date.
The cost of the congress dinner is €40.
You can choose from this list:
8:30AM to 12:00AM Extend Reality in Civil Engineering
12:30AM to 4:00PM Introduction to Data Science: Python Applications
4:30PM to 8:00PM Digital Image Correlation: From Theory to Practice
You can find the conditions of participation, fees and the registration form for the course(s) here.
Campus of Caparica
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in