The 6th HMC2022 will focus on research concerning the technology and characterization of historic mortars and their significance. Additional topics of interest include conservation and restoration issues in historic masonry structures and archaeological sites, historic plasters, design and preparation of preservation products, repair materials (mortars, renders, plasters, and grouts), and test methods (for historic and repair mortars).
The HMC2022 is open to scientists, architects, restorers, conservators, historians, archaeologists, heritage professionals, companies, and cultural stakeholders.
The proposed topics for this edition of the Conference are:
- Characterization of historic mortars and masonry structures. Sampling and test methods.
- Historic production, processing, and application of mortars, renders, and grouts. Lime technologies.
- Mortars in archaeological sites. Construction history. Archaeometry. Dating of historic mortars.
- Historic renders and plasters. Gypsum-based plasters and mortars. Adobe and mud mortars. Rammed earth constructions. Natural and Roman cement mortars. Assessment.
- Historic Portland cement-air lime mortars. Historic Portland cement mortars.
- Conservation issues concerning mortars, plasters, renders, and grouts. Diagnosis. Decay and damage mechanisms. Case studies.
- Preservation. Consolidation materials and techniques. Development of new products. Preventive conservation.
- Repair mortars and grouts. Requirements and design. Compatibility issues. Durability and effectiveness. Adequacy of testing procedures.
- Abstract submission: the 20th of December 2021
- Full paper submission: the 1st of March 2022
- Full paper review: the 15th of May 2022
- Reviewed paper submission: the 1st of June 2022
- Conference: 21st- 23rd September 2022
Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering
Jamova cesta 2
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in