Due to the special circumstances imposed by COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. Please look through the calendar to see which events are affected.
The course on Corrosion Science & Corrosion Control for Infrastructure (CSC2I) is an interdisciplinary course, encompassing fundamental aspects of corrosion science & technology, corrosion control and materials’ science for civil engineering.
The course targets material classes as metals & alloys, concrete, coatings & composites. Corrosion-induced degradation and corrosion protection for main infrastructure will be discussed, including steel structures, with an emphasis on reinforced concrete structures.
In view of the broad and challenging world of Corrosion Science & Technology, especially considering the scope and reach of infrastructure-related phenomena, The Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences at TU Delft offers this annual course as an alliance of lectures and practical sessions. The course encompasses theoretical background and fundamental knowledge in electrochemistry in view of metals’ corrosion, together with hands-on sessions – intensive practical sessions on corrosion knowledge application (lab and semi-field).
• (electro)chemical kinetics &thermodynamics in corrosion and corrosion control for metals/alloys;
• corrosion science & control for civil structures; impressed current cathodic protection;
• synergy electrochemistry & concrete material science;
• “hands-on” practical sessions (lab & field techniques);
• workshops – demonstration equipment corrosion tests & electron microscopy for evaluation of corrosion products and steel/cement paste interface
Monday 21 October 2019
Friday 25 October 2019
Delft, The Netherlands
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in