Due to the special circumstances imposed by COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. Please look through the calendar to see which events are affected.
Due to COVID-19, this event has been postponed. Originally planned on 1-3 July 2020, it will now be held on 13-14 July 2021 and YCRETS GOES VIRTUAL!
The Young Concrete Researchers, Engineers and Technologist Symposium (YCRETS) aims to create a platform to bring together young individuals who work on the development, design and application of concrete and cementitious-based materials, in Southern Africa.
- New generation of construction materials - Cement-based materials, alternative binders, waste materials, environmentally-adaptable materials, green composites, intelligent materials, self-healing and self-sensing materials.
- Durability, monitoring & repair of RC structures - Durability aspects of construction material in a variety of structures and harsh environments, maintenance and management of civil infrastructure and sustainable repair, rehabilitation and retrofitting.
- Challenges in the design and management of structures - The design of new and assessment of existing structures based on lessons learned from practice, from collapses, from successes, aiming optimization of structural life cycle management decisions.
- Sustainability - Specifications and standards for concrete, optimising materials for improved durability. Current and future research needs.
- Structural analysis - Analysis of various structural elements or structures that consist of or incorporate concrete.
- Abstract submission: 1 NOV 2020
- Abstract acceptance : 3 JAN 2021
- Full paper submission : 1 APR 2021
- Final version deadline : 1 JUN 2021
You have to be logged on to leave a comment Log in