Any Senior Member is entitled to present a new RILEM Technical Committee (TC) proposal.
An application form (TAC-N10) is filled and signed by the proposed TC Chairman, who has to be a RILEM Senior Member. This form is sent to RILEM Secretariat General, either by the proposed Chairman or through the Cluster’s Convener in charge of the main thematic activity covered by the TC proposal.
The 6 fields of activities currently treated by active RILEM TCs are:
- Cluster A. Material Processing and Characterization (Convener: Daman Panesar)
- Cluster B. Transport and Deterioration Mechanisms (Convener: Josée Duchesne)
- Cluster C. Structural Performance and Design (Convener: Giovanni Plizzari)
- Cluster D. Service Life and Environmental Impact Assessment (Convener: Alexandra Bertron)
- Cluster E. Masonry, Timber and Cultural Heritage (Convener: Enrico Sassoni)
- Cluster F: Bituminous Materials and Polymers (Convener: Eshan Dave)
Each future TC Chairman should clearly identify the final user of the work to be done by the proposed TC.
This proposal is sent by RILEM Secretariat General to each TAC member, for comments and discussion during the RILEM March or September meetings. If needed, a revised proposal will be drafted by the proposed TC Chairman to fulfil the TAC and clusters recommendations.
After recommendation by the TAC and approval by the RILEM Bureau, which verifies that the terms of reference of the proposed TC fit into the technical programme of RILEM, the RILEM TC is created (possible creation in less than 6 months, in case the proposal is accepted without modifications).