TAC - Technical Activities Committee
The TAC is one of the Standing Committees of RILEM, as defined in the RILEM by-laws.
TAC recommends the approval; coordinates the progress, completion and dissemination of the work of Technical Committees (TCs); the approval of RILEM events; and other technical matters.
TAC monitors the work of the TCs and other technical activities of RILEM, and its responsibilities include the following:
- Proposal and recommendation of new TCs;
- Review of the on-going work of TCs and facilitating progress;
- Approval of proposals for workshops, conferences and other events co-sponsored by RILEM;
- Proposal of representatives in sponsored congresses and conferences;
- Discussion of new trends and identification of potential TCs.
TCs are organized in clusters. The clusters bring together TCs of similar domains and complementary expertise for the purpose of facilitating the exchange of information and coordination. The Clusters cover the fields of scientific expertise of RILEM:
- Cluster A: Material Processing and Characterization
- Cluster B: Transport and Deterioration Mechanisms
- Cluster C: Structural Performance and Design
- Cluster D: Service Life and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Cluster E: Masonry, Timber and Cultural Heritage
- Cluster F: Bituminous Materials and Polymers