Recons Project: Minimizing Construction Environmental Impact
Title: Recons Project: Minimizing Construction Environmental Impact
Paper category : conference
Book title: International RILEM Conference on the Use of Recycled Materials in Building and Structures
Editor(s): E. Vázquez, Ch. F. Hendriks and G.M.T. Janssen
Publisher: RILEM Publications SARL
Publication year: 2004
Pages: 288 - 296
Total Pages: 9
Abstract: The aim of the RECONS project is to minimise the environmental impact of the
construction sector activity and to define sustainable waste management strategies.
The innovative nature of the project RECONS lies in the cooperative approach to an
Environmental Management System according to the 761/2001/CE Regulation that states that
organisations can voluntarily adhere to a Community Environmental Audit Management
The project considers the promotion of the EMAS in small and medium-sized firms and
micro- firms of the construction industry.
The project RECONS, in the construction framework, seeks to make the application of a
Cooperative Environmental Management System viable through the Builder Professional
Union of Catalonia (Guild) and to extend it not only to the activity of the Union but to the
smallest firm related to it.
Defining this objective means taking into account the following aims:
- Facilitating the implementation of environmental policies in small, medium-sized and
- Sensitising and involving employers and employees in an efficient and effective way by
means of the organisational structure and the existing channels between the small and
medium-sized firms and the micro- firms as well as the Guild that associates them
- Attaining that the environmental intervention at the defined geographical territory
connects all the present actors and optimises the work relations among them.
- Fulfil the environmental legislation related to the construction sector at the local,
autonomic, national and european levels.
The specific objectives are:
- To present the Project to the members of the Builders' Guild as well as the various
agents involved in the construction sector and relevant administrations.
- To explain to the members of the Guild of Constructors and those responsible who are
directly involved the approach to be taken to the project and its planning.
Online publication: 2004-09-29
Publication type : full_text
Public price (Euros): 0.00
>> You must be connected to view the paper. You can register for free if you are not a member