A new multi-scale cement composite for civil engineering and building construction fields
Title: A new multi-scale cement composite for civil engineering and building construction fields
Author(s): Edouard Parant, Pierre Rossi
Paper category : conference
Book title: International RILEM Symposium on Concrete Science and Engineering: A Tribute to Arnon Bentur
Editor(s): J. Weiss, K. Kovler, J. Marchand, and S. Mindess
Publisher: RILEM Publications SARL
Publication year: 2004
Nb references: 1
Abstract: A new cement composite, the CEMTECmultiscale ®, developed and patented by the Laboratoire Central des Ponts et Chaussées (Paris, France) is presented in this paper. This cement composite has been tested under static bending and asymmetric fatigue bending. From this experimental study, the following comments can be made:
- The average modulus of rupture (MOR) is equal to 61.5 MPa;
- The average strain related to the average MOR is equal to 9.2 10-3.
- The stationary damage fatigue evolution of a specimen is dependent of the initial static damage of this specimen.
- Below a loading ratio R = 0.65, failure during bending fatigue test never appears with a specimen of CEMTECmultiscale ®.
- A gain of 6.5 % is observed between the bending static behavior of the specimens being previously loaded in fatigue and those not being loaded in fatigue.
Online publication: 2004-03-25
Classification: New Materials
Publication type : full_text
Public price (Euros): 0.00
>> You must be connected to view the paper. You can register for free if you are not a member