Author(s): Piero Baglioni and Luigi Cassar
Paper category : conference
Book title: International RILEM Symposium on Photocatalysis, Environment and Construction Materials - TDP 2007
Editor(s): P. Baglioni and L. Casssar
Publisher: RILEM Publications SARL
Publication year: 2007
Pages: XVII - XVII
Total Pages: 1
Abstract: We are all aware of the interest in the application of titanium dioxide photocatalysis to construction materials. Many applications of this material already exist, such as photocatalytic ceramics, self cleaning glass, photocatalytic concrete and paints.
TDP 2007 is an opportunity to bring forward existing and innovative utilization of traditional material. The conference will bring together researchers, engineers, material suppliers, contractors and scientists from research organizations, universities and industries to exchange ideas and learn more about the world wide development of TDP.
TDP 2007 is the closure event of RILEM TC 194-TDP and will also present the state-ofthe-art on this subject. Besides fundamentals on the photocatalytic process and materials, the application of photocatalytic materials and new advanced developments will be presented.
Researches from European and Japanese projects will be presented.
TDP 2007 is hosted by the University of Florence, which is active in these topics. Every point of view is presented in order for attendees to get a clear picture of current uses of TDP and more important its potential.
The Symposium will start with a Plenary Lecture of Prof. Hashimoto Kazuhito of Tokyo University. During the Symposium there will be four lectures on the State of the Art of Photocatalytic glass and windows, Photocatalytic paints, Photocatalytic ceramics and Photocatalytic cementitious materials.
The symposium deals with a variety of related subjects:
1. Fundamentals of practically applicable TiO2 photocatalysis in construction materials fields;
2. Economic and environmental benefits of construction materials utilizing TiO2 photocatalysis;
3. Development of self-cleaning construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
4. Development of air-cleaning construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
5. Development of antibacterial construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
6. Test methods and the development of standards for characterization of the efficiency of photocatalytic properties;
7. Fullscale trials and case studies;
8. Future development of useful construction materials with TiO2 photocatalyst;
9. Advances in visible photocatalysis.
The book of the proceedings contain the 39 papers presented in the symposium as lectures. In addition to lectures several contributions have been presented as posters.
The symposium is scientifically organized by RILEM Technical Committee TC 194-TPD “Application of Titanium Dioxide Photocatalysis to Construction Materials” (Chairman: Prof. Y. Ohama, Secretary D. Van Gemert) and it is hosted by the University of Florence.
Online publication: 2011-07-01
Publication type : full_text
Public price (Euros): 0.00