RILEM is composed of corporate members and individual members, including scientists and engineers, research and testing laboratories and companies.
- INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS are research and testing organisations of national renown; universities, international or national standards organisations.
- INDUSTRIAL MEMBERS are large firms or associations in the materials or construction sectors.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are smaller research, academic or building organisations or companies.
- A SENIOR MEMBER is an experienced scientist or engineer, having reached a position of responsibility and recognised expertise in a public or private organisation or company concerned with testing or research in the field of building materials and structures.
- A YOUNG MEMBER (previously Student and Affiliate categories) is an under-graduated student (including PhD students) or a young research scientist or engineer who is at the early stage of his career under the age of 35 during the membership year.
Disclaimer: the membership status corresponds to the member's age during the membership year (e.g. if one turns 35 during the membership year, one will be invoiced as Senior member). Each RILEM young member is linked to the International Network of RILEM, through his registration in the Directory of Members. A RILEM young member may register to contribute to the activity of a RILEM TC.
- A RETIRED MEMBER is a member who has retired.
Benefits for all members (individual and corporate members included):
- Individual and corporate Members may directly propose a new Technical Committee (TC) to the Secretariat General (https://www.rilem.net/committees/set-up-a-tc-500211)
- Membership in a RILEM Technical Committee (https://www.rilem.net/committees/join-a-tc-500210)
- Access to the private Web directories restricted to RILEM Members
- RILEM Directory of Members, online version on the private webpage
- Personal access after login to online RILEM Proceedings and Reports, and to SPRINGER proceedings
- Reduced fees for RILEM events (in general 10%, subject to decision of local organisers)
- 20% discount on all SPRINGER e-books
- Opportunity to publish selected articles as free OA papers in Materials & Structures and in RILEM Technical Letters
Individual members benefits:
- Individual membership in a RILEM Technical Committee
- Free subscription to the online version of Materials and Structures journal (archives, current volumes) including online access to 5 other SPRINGER journals
- Possible subscription to the printed version of Materials and Structures Journal, at a special price of 150 €, i.e. well below 20% of the regular commercial rate
Corporate members benefits:
- Possibility to appoint experts (up to 3 experts for Associate members, more experts for Institutional and Industrial members) in the chosen RILEM Technical Committees (TCs)
- Your logo on RILEM website + short description (5 lines for Institutional members, 10 lines for Industrial members) and link to the corporate member website, for a better visibility (https://www.rilem.net/about/corporate-members-500182)
- Free subscription to the printed version of Materials and Structures
- Free subscription to the online version of Materials and Structures journal (archives, current volumes) including online access to 5 other SPRINGER journals for all staff members.
RILEM’s Journal Materials and Structures (6 printed issues a year)
The online version of our scientific journal Materials and Structures / Matériaux et Constructions is hosted by SPRINGER. You have a full access to its online version and to back issues since 1968. In addition, the online version of 5 other journals published by SPRINGER is freely available for our members:
- International Journal of Fracture
- Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization
- Mechanics and Materials in Design
- Archive of Applied Mechanics
- Acta Mechanica
This access is available only through your profile.
After decreasing the Senior Member fees in 2016, in 2020 we have merged the Student and Affiliate categories into the Young membership (under the age of 35) in order to facilitate the participation of our younger members in the activities of RILEM.
Individual fees in 2021
- Young Member: 25 euros
- Senior Member: 375 euros
- Retired Member: 75 euros
Corporate fees in 2021
- Institutional Member (with unlimited staff members): 2205 euros
- Industrial Member (with unlimited staff members): 4050 euros
- Associate Member (with 3 staff members and one associate contact): 1165 euros
Discount by Country/Region
A special discount fee is applicable for countries according to their GDP per capita. Members with 40 or 60% discount will benefit of all services, with the exception of the print version of our journal Materials and Structures.
- 40%: Algeria; Albania; Angola; Argentina; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Chile; Colombia; Croatia; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; Estonia; Hungary; Islamic Republic of Iran; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Latvia; Lebanon; Libya; Lithuania; Macedonia; Malaysia; Mexico; Montenegro; People's Republic of China; Peru; Poland; Republic of Costa Rica; Romania; Russian Federation; Serbia; South Africa; Thailand; Tunisia; Turkey; Ukraine; Uruguay; Venezuela
- 60%: Bangladesh; Burkina Faso; Cambodia; Cameroon; Congo; Cuba; Ethiopia; Federal Republic of Nigeria; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; India; Indonesia; Iraq; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Malawi; Morocco; Mozambique; Pakistan; Paraguay; Philippines; Republic of Moldova; Senegal; Sri Lanka; Syrian Arab Republic; Togo; United Republic of Tanzania; Viet Nam; Yemen, Zimbabwe